Friday, December 19, 2008

Frosted Window Panes...

I know, I know...my posts are becoming few and far between, but my excuse is that its the holidays and I barely have time to do my laundry let alone blog. :) I'm trying.
So the frosted window panes are NOT here in Hawaii, but they are in Las Vegas! How crazy is that? My parents had flown out this past Sunday to go to my sister's graduation (she just completed her Master's in Health Promotion at UNLV...congrats Kelli!) and on Monday my mom calls me and says, guess what? Um...what? Its snowing! Now I know that its quite uncommon for snow to fall in Vegas, but I do know that it HAS happened once before since Kelli's been there. Still, fairly exciting...didn't have the heart to tell Kaytin since she's been talking about playing in the snow for who knows how long!! A few days pass and then Kelli texts me on Wednesday (my parents were scheduled to fly back early early Thursday) that its snowing again! Apparently it was the start of Blizzard 2008 in Vegas. I kid. Seriously, though, people who live in the desert are pretty much NOT prepared to drive or survive in snow! The airport started talking about shutting down, school was cancelled, people were advised to stay off the roads. Ca-ray-zay. For real. Not to worry, my parents made it back to Hawaii in one piece after only a 30 minute delay. phew.


On the home front, we actually got our Christmas card out on time this year! Woo hoo! As opposed to last year when, sick as a dog, I didn't even want to think about them. I ordered cards that said "Merry Christmas" on them on Dec. 27th..no joke. hahaha...at least we sent them out, right? I'm sure all of you with kids and/or animals know that it was no easy feat to get a good picture with everyone looking in the right place and smiling...all I can say is thank God for dog treats and candy! :)
We're well on our way to Christmas insanity here. Kaytin is asking...daily...if she can open her presents. Um, no, not yet. Kelli & Eric arrive on Sunday and I've been telling Kaytin that she can't open her gifts until after Aunty Kelli & Uncle Eric get here. I'm sure she'll be mighty bummed when she finds out that it will still be a few more days after they arrive and then she can open them. I guess all that calendar work that I attempted to do with her hasn't really taken yet.
If I don't get around to posting again before Christmas, wishing you and yours a very merry one!

1 comment:

Ikaika P. said...

We arrived in vegas the day that it snowed. Crazy!!! We were in Henderson where we got about a foot of snow! Our car got stuck on the icy roads and we had to get rescued.