Friday, March 5, 2010

Just An Accident Waiting To Happen

So. It looks as if I'm rapidly losing any chance at being awarded Mother of the Year. Let me show you why...

See the cute band-aid right up there? That's to coverup the nasty, huge, in
fected thing on Caleb's little leg. I noticed what looked to be a bug bite on a Friday and the following Monday I saw that it was still there...only red, hard, and warm to the touch. Got a little alarmed when Caleb started pulling his leg away from me when I tried to touch it and took him in to see Dr. Carolan....who then informed me that it was infected and he needed to "pop" it to get all the nastiness out. SO gross. Poor little man cried and cried, but we got all the pus out, although it looked to be a pretty painful task. A round of antibiotics later...his leg is as good as new.

Until this...
Little man came running out of Kaytin's room, tripped, and hit his head on a chair on the way down. It started swelling up right away and my heart sunk into my toes.
Poor kiddo.
If he doesn't give me a heart attack by the time he's 10 I'll be lucky.

No comments: