Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Second Pregnancy

I've decided that I am officially HUGE. I had a hilarious conversation with my sister this morning and was telling her about how big I am. See, the problem is that in two weeks I am to be the matron of honor in her lovely wedding. Being that I've already gained 20 lbs., I think to myself, maybe I should try on my dress...which is actually a cut that *most* pregnant people can wear. On goes the dress...happily it even zips up, then I turn around to look in the mirror...um, TRAIN WRECK!! Needless to say, we have been frantically combing the internet to find something appropriate for me to wear. Thankfully today I put in an order for three different dresses with the intent of trying them on and seeing which looks the best with the other girls who will be part of the wedding. Man oh man...when I found out I would be nearly 8 months pregnant at Kelli's wedding, this really didn't cross my mind. No one informed me that I would look and feel 8 months pregnant at say, oh, about 6 months!! Seriously, I feel like I started showing as soon as I found out I was expecting. Its not easy to keep these things under wraps when you're showing at 6 weeks along!! Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant and am SO excited to welcome this little boy into our family...its just a lot more tiring the second time around. Nevertheless, I have realized what a blessing it is to be a mother. I always knew that I wanted children, but I never understood what that love was actually like until I had Kaytin. How lucky are we that we get to have another child?! I'm constantly amazed at the miracle that it really is. OK, better stop now before I start crying.

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Friend I am so excited your a blogger. I am really bad about staying up to date on my blog but I actually look to look at other people's. I can't wait to blog stalk you and your cute family. You're going to look beautiful no matter what. No worries about the dress.

Anonymous said...

OK... so I have been dying to see Kelli's wedding pics because she only has 1 or 2 on her myspace page for now, and I didn't even think to look here on your blog. I'm sure it was wonderful.... and I CRACKED UP about your maternity matron of honor dillema! hehe, I had the same thing w/ Betty....although she looked absolutely beautiful in her gown, and I have to say, we found one that was absolutely perfect for her. I'm also looking fwd to hearing about your new little one!! Love, Cousin Melissa