Saturday, January 17, 2009

American Idol

I'll go ahead and admit it right now...I watch way too much TV. With the invention of the DVR, I am like the recording queen. Seriously. It can be quite insane. I often wait for my kids to go down for naps so that I can quickly run through some of previously recorded shows. But that, my friends, is beside the point of this post.

So American Idol...when the show first started way back when I was totally into it. I watched the first season religiously (before the DVR came into my possession). And although my favorite was Tamyra Gray, it really was okay with me when Kelly Clarkson won over that fool Justin whatever his name was. "Reality TV" usually tends to lose its luster after the initial season (anyone remember the very first Survivor? Remember any seasons after that? Exactly.), but I took a shot with season 2 of AI and become a fan of the Velvet Teddybear like everyone else. :) Season 3 came along and featured not just one, but TWO!, girls from Hawaii. Too bad neither of them was all that great. Who won that year? I hardly remember since I stopped watching mid-season. (btw, it was Fantasia)

Season 4 irritated me (why did I continue to torment myself with this show?!) when Bo Bice lost to Carrie Underwood. Ugh. Then came the Season 5 Daughtry Debacle. Are you kidding me?! How in the world did he not win? I was REALLY losing any tiny bit of interest at all. The last couple of seasons all sort of run together for me...especially since we discovered...wait for it...Bulgarian Idol. Yes, friends, not only Americans are looking for their next musical Idol. How I wish they showed this on American television!! Sit back, relax, don't drink anything for the next few minutes as I present to you...Bulgarian Idol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQt-h753jHI

I laugh every single time I watch that. I told you not to drink anything beforehand...

1 comment:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Dawn...just how much tv are you allowed to watch? LOL