Monday, September 15, 2008

Where Did The Trades Go?

Holy crazy heat, batman. Oh my goodness. So for the past couple of days the trade winds here in lovely Hawaii have all but disappeared and it is hot hot hot and muggy muggy muggy. I was complaining to Wes yesterday that I was sweating like I was still pregnant. I do feel for all of the soon to be mamas out there that I know. I thought July was hot...apparently September is no better. I feel like I'm melting. And the poor kiddos...just sweat sweat sweating like there is no tomorrow.


So what else is going on in our neck of the woods? A big hallelujah shout out that it looks as if the Mastitis drama has passed. I am hoping and praying with all my might that I won't have to deal with it again! And check this out...I recently bought one of these:

Its called a Sleepy Wrap. I know! I am such a freaking hippy! A friend of mine had one and let me borrow hers to try it out with Caleb and I love it! Its pretty hilarious the looks you get while wearing it out in public. I assume its just Kauai but people get all weirded out when they see you with something like this. Its almost as good as the looks I get while breastfeeding in public. Don't even get me started on that one. Its not like I'm out there flashing people my boob. Besides that, why are they even looking? Are they trying to catch a peek? WTH. I try to be discreet. I'm not sitting out in the middle of the mall all half naked. I should stop now. Just know this...Hawaii had to PASS A LAW saying it was legal for women to nurse in public. WHAT?! Are you kidding me? I've heard horror stories from other ladies who've had people ask them if they could NOT do that. Seriously? One person was even asked if they could go and do that in the bathroom instead. Her reply: I don't ask you to go eat your dinner on the toilet, so why should my baby have to? You go, sister. Lucky no one has actually said anything to me...just the looks. On my behalf, I give the best stink eye back.

1 comment:

{e} said...

so what, when you wear that wrap thingy, are you and caleb beaming like the two of them in the picture? talk about all smiles!

you didn't tell me you had a blog. ahh gonna read it now.