Monday, August 25, 2008

Now what?




Ok, everyone knows by now that I am officially addicted to the Olympics, right? But last night marked the end of the summer games for FOUR YEARS! What am I going to do with myself with no swimming/diving/track/basketball/volleyball



etc. to watch? I loved being able to turn on the TV and find something to watch regardless of what time it was. (God bless digital TV in HD) I sat and watched some ping pong, excuse me, table tennis. By the way, did you know that "officials" are trying to "sexy up" ping pong in the Olympics? No joke. They want the ladies to wear "sexier" outfits while playing. Um, okay... I think they're trying to make ping pong the new Curling of the summer games. (Don't lie, I know I wasn't the only one who got sucked in the last winter Olympics) Anyway, my original point was what am I going to do now? I suppose I'll just have to fall back on my Food Network. Too bad for Wes. What am I talking about too bad for Wes? If you didn't know the UH football season starts bright and early this Saturday morning...6:30 am Hawaii time kick off. Therefore, the lodge is already cleaned up and the menu has been planned. I'm afraid that this group of fans will be tailgating in my yard at 5:30. Yikes! I'll try to get pictures of it if I can. hahaha...

On another note, did you all watch the Little League World Series yesterday? Go Hawaii!! It was a bit of an anti-climactic win with their hugely exciting win coming the day before in the US finals, but nevertheless, they did great! I'm convinced that its because the team dedicated their season to the younger brother of the kid holding the flag in this picture. He couldn't make the trip to Pennsylvania with the rest of the fans because he's going through chemotherapy to treat his cancer. Breaks your heart, huh? Apparently it was only recently diagnosed. So sad! The boys on the team (and coaches, too, I think) all shaved their heads in support of him when he started losing his hair from the chemo. Go check out the story about Paliku Winchester here: http://starbulletin.com/2008/08/23/news/story03.html

No comments: