Saturday, August 30, 2008

Seriously?

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse. Remember how I had been hoping and praying not to catch the cold that was running rampant throughout my household? Well, the good news is that I didn't catch it! The bad news is that yesterday evening I started feeling a little "off." While breastfeeding Kaytin I had plugged milk ducts a couple of times, but they were easily resolved. I noticed last night that I was starting to get the some of the same kind of symptoms as those previous plugged ducts and naturally I tried to relieve the issue on my own. It didn't seem to work. Then all of the sudden I started feeling really achy and tired, but told myself that it was because I hadn't slept well with Caleb the night before. Time was dragging on and a little voice in my head told me to take my temperature to be sure that it wasn't an infection not just a plugged duct. Lo and behold, 101. Called the doctor who had me go in the ER at 10pm and I was given the lovely diagnosis of Mastitis. Ugh. Seriously? Seriously. (I heart Grey's Anatomy) Luckily we caught it very early on and I'm taking antibiotics for the infection and Ibuprofen and Tylenol for my fever. I'm telling ya...


Anyway, speaking of Grey's Anatomy...its less than a month away from the new season! Yahoo. Its nice that the summer went by quickly being pregnant and giving birth and all. Now we finally get to find out all the goods on Meredith and Derek (does anyone else thing something is going to happen to Derek on his way to go talk to Rose? it can't be THAT easy for him and Meredith to be together, right?) and what the deal was with the kiss between Callie and Erica or between George and Lexie or between Alex and Izzie?! (lots of kissing going on, eh?) September 25th, you know where I'll be!

1 comment:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Oh dear..sorry to hear about the mastitis. OUCH! But I'm so with you....yeah for Grey's!!