Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Phelps Phan


I know everyone has seen the commercial I'm referring to and I think its hilarious! Really, though, I like this guy. I have been thoroughly engrossed with watching him swim and am truly amazed at his athleticism. (It doesn't hurt that he actually looks good wearing the horrid laser swim suit deal) I mean, sure, his teeth are a little weird and he's got a bit of a lisp, but damn! This fool is breaking records like there is no tomorrow. Its crazy. Naturally I cheat and check the internet on the days I know he's swimming for a medal, therefore, when I watch the event on TV its no surprise, but I was cheering like a mad woman on Sunday night when the US team won the 4x100 relay. Hoo boy. I blame the postpartum hormones, but I was getting a tad choked up watching them get their medals. I am such a sucker for stuff like this. I get all sucked in...poor Kaytin has been forced to watch the Olympics along with us. Not that she's complaining, though, she looooves the gymnastics and is totally into copying the floor exercises. Uh oh, time to go find her a class!

2 comments:

~TastyTravels~ said...

I likey likey Mr. Phelps also! Next time you're in Portland, I'll be your culinary tour guide. Voodoo Doughnuts...gotta try them out. =0)

Kirstin said...

Ok as you know I love swimming and as you can guess I love Michael Phelps. Correction I am slightly obsessed with him. Travis has given me permission to "breed" with Michael Phelps if the chance ever presents itself. I think that's pretty fair. How amazing is he?